Philips Dictation Software for Medical Professionals
Healthcare professionals are constantly on-the-go and in order to provide the best quality patient care every time, doctors and nurses need to find a way to spend less time on administrative tasks like filling out documents, forms and taking notes.
Philips dictation software for medical professionals can help alleviate these burdens and give physicians more time throughout the workday.
Philips dictation software for medical professionals can:
- Streamline your workflow
- Reduce transcription service costs
- Help alleviate physician burnout
- Make the document creation process much easier
- Help healthcare professionals spend more time with their patients
- Help value-added resellers (VARs) see recurring revenue and expand their customer base
- Help physicians tell the complete patient story
- Reduce the amount of time physicians spend on documentation after normal working hours and on weekends
- Help healthcare professionals get more time back during the day
Information Technology administrators and managers in the healthcare industry can utilize medical speech-to-text software and implement it across the entire team of healthcare professionals so the practice can save money on transcription costs, reduce administrative tasks, and give doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals their time back.
How is Speech Recognition Used in Healthcare?
There are a variety of ways that Philips dictation software can benefit medical professionals. Speech recognition products are used in healthcare to simplify administrative tasks, save money on transcription costs, help save physicians time, help them focus more on their patients, and to update patient records more easily in their Electronic Health Records (EHRs).
Philips dictation software for medical professionals means:
- More accurate and thorough documents
- Increased productivity
- More time with patients
- Less money spent on transcription costs
- Reduced physician burnout
- The ability to dictate and transcribe from anywhere with an internet connection
- Long hours and working on the weekends is a thing of the past
Since hospitals and medical practices can vary in size, Value-Added Resellers (VARs) and Managed Service Providers (MSPs) can step in and provide medical facilities with these speech recognition products on a large scale.
This not only makes it much easier and more organized for hospitals and medical practices, but it’s also a way for VARs and MSPs to grow their customer base and realize recurring revenue.
What are the Benefits of Speech Recognition Technology in the Healthcare Industry?
Now that you know about some of the benefits of speech recognition technology in healthcare, it’s time to dive a little deeper and outline how easy it is to get some of your time back with Philips dictation software for medical professionals. What would you do if you had a few extra hours in your workday?
- Using speech recognition technology to document patients’ records in the EHR means there are less opportunities for mistakes
- Speech-to-text programs like Philips are 99% accurate so there will be minimal corrections when you’re done dictating
- If you have multiple medical services you need to document from one appointment, clinical dictation will make the task easier
- If you have a patient with a complicated medical history, dictation will also make documenting their visit easier
- Spending less time on documentation tasks means you’ll have more time with your patients. This is something many medical professionals wish they could do, and Philips dictation software for medical professionals makes it a reality.
- Speech recognition software from Philips is cloud-based and secure. You’ll be able to send your files with 256-bit encryption.
- Dictation workflow is three times faster than typing
- Physicians can talk normally and don’t have to modify their voices for accurate dictations
- Philips dictation software for medical professionals is easy to set up and when you become a reseller with eDist, you’ll have unlimited access to White Label technical support. This applies to VARs and their clients.
What is the Best Medical Dictation Software?
There are a variety of options for medical dictation software. They range from free tools like Apple, Google and Microsoft Word to subscription-based solutions like Philips dictation software for medical professionals.
Philips dictation devices are the top choice for healthcare professionals looking for a comprehensive speech recognition solution.
Philips carries durable, ergonomic, and antimicrobial products
Microphones have a built-in-noise-reduction feature to capture crystal-clear audio and ensure accuracy
You can automatically route your recordings to a doctor or transcriptionist
You can use Philips SpeechLive to access the whole workflow from anywhere with a secure internet connection
Top Philips Medical Dictation Devices
Philips carries a variety of dictation devices and dictation software. These are three of the most popular medical dictation products. They all feature superior audio quality and they’re designed to streamline your workflow management and make your day-to-day a lot easier.
The PocketMemo is one of Philips’ most popular dictation devices. Physicians will appreciate the crystal-clear audio, easy-to-use design and how much it improves their daily workflow solution.
- Fast and efficient charging capabilities
- Encrypts files and has a device PIN lock so data is highly secure
- High-quality microphones. The omnichannel mic can pick up 360-degree sound, which is perfect for meetings.
- The docking station not only charges your device, but it can also automatically transfer your recordings to your computer
- For anyone who’s nostalgic about the old analog recorders, the PocketMemo has newer features with an analog look; so, it’s the best of both worlds.
- The barcode scanner feature lets the user link client or patient data to a recording by scanning over a barcode. This feature speeds up workflow and helps provide quick, reliable data.
- There is a built-in motion sensor for automatic microphone selection
- The device is durable and designed to take on some wear and tear. It’s also lightweight; so, while it’s durable, it’s also very comfortable to use.
Philips SpeechMike Premium
The Philips SpeechMike Premium has a more modern look than the PocketMemo and it’s cordless.
- Boasts a studio-quality microphone
- You’ll love the built-in triple-layer noise reduction for even clearer audio
- Since it doesn't have a cord, you won’t feel tied to your desk. For many people, that’s a huge bonus. With the SpeechMike, you’ll be able to move up to 16 feet away from your workstation.
- It has an ergonomic design so it’s easy and intuitive to use. It’s also built to last.
- The exterior is hygienic, so you won’t have to worry about frequently disinfecting the device
- Can be used with optional foot control for completely hands-free dictations
- A motion sensor mutes the device when the recorder is not in use
This browser-based dictation and transcription solution from SpeechLive is one of the most efficient ways for medical professionals to accurately convert speech to text.
Since it has an optional iphone and Android smartphone app, it is one of the most convenient speech processing solutions. Users can either dictate into the app or use a voice recorder to dictate. Those files can then be routed into the SpeechLive system to begin transcription. Document creation has never been easier.
- It works by recording audio directly into your browser or by uploading your audio files
- It’ll automatically convert speech to text with speech recognition software, or you can route audio files directly to your dedicated transcriptionist
- Since it’s browser-based, you can work from anywhere with a secure internet connection
- For even more convenience, you can also use the SpeechLive smartphone dictation app
Become a Phillips Reseller for the Healthcare Industry
Philips has all of the professional speech recognition and dictation solutions doctors and physicians need to streamline their workflows, save on transcription costs, and be more productive throughout the day.
We know that not everyone’s workflows are the same and some physicians may prefer the SpeechLive app, a cordless dictation recorder, or another Philips product. eDist is the exclusive reseller in North America for speech recognition solutions, and we can help you find the Philips dictation software for medical professionals that works best for you.
Partner with eDist
When you become a reseller with eDist, you have the full power and support of our team behind you. This means access to our high-level marketing portal, White-Label technical support, ongoing training, product and industry knowledge, and more. We want to make sure you’re successful. That’s why we provide all the tools you need to realize a robust customer base and recurring revenue. Contact us now to get started.