The Dragon “SerialNumber” Registry Value
If you need to get the serial number of an existing installation of Dragon® Pro Group 14, and you can’t find it anywhere else, you can look in the Windows® registry. Perhaps the most straightforward (though not the fastest) way to find it is to navigate through the folders. Here, then, are instructions on how to open the Registry Editor and navigate to the appropriate location.
Navigating the Registry
NOTE: Do not make any changes to the Registry Editor without IT support/administration.
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Type “regedit” into the search box.
- Click “regedit.exe.”
- When the Registry Editor window opens, find the folder tree in the left-hand pane.
- Click the triangle on the left of “Computer” to expand it.
- Do the same with each successive folder you navigate to:> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > ScanSoft > Shared > Products > A209 > 14.0
- The final path at the bottom of the Registry Editor should look like this: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ScanSoft\Shared\Products\A209\14.0
- If it does, look at the right-hand side of the window, in the “Name” column, for an item called “SerialNumber.” The corresponding value in the “Data” column is your license/serial number.