STEP 1: Download & Install the Philips Speech Control for MACSuccessor of the Device Configuration Tool, the Philips Device Control Center (PDCC) is used to customize the behavior of the SpeechMike III & Foot Control device for various applications. Once the PDCC is installed, the default profile is set for Dragon Dictate v2.5, making it easy for new users to begin using the device.
- CLICK HERE to download the Philips Speech Control for MAC v2.8
- Go to where you saved the Philips Speech Control download and double-click to install. A Philips Speech Control window will appear. As illustrated below, drag the SpeechControl icon to the Applications folder just to the right. This will copy the Philips SpeechControl to your Applications fold
- Go to the Applications folder.
- Locate the Speech Control icon and double-click to start. You may receive a message from Apple asking if you’re sure you want to open the Speech Control application. Select [Open].
STEP 2: Customizing the Philips SpeechMike IIIAs mentioned above, the microphone should now be programmed to work with a variety of applications. You can change the default configuration to meet your specific needs. To do so:
- Open the Speech Control Application and select [Application Control]. There are three columns in the Application Control tab Buttons Event – This is the button on the SpeechMike III that can be programmed Pressed – This column represents the action that will take place once the button is pressed. Released – This column represents the action that will take place once the button is released.
- To change the default settings, select the […] button next to the desired action (i.e. Pressed or Released).
- Once the ellipses button is pressed, an Edit Operation dialog window will appear.
- To change the configuration, use the [Add], [Edit] and [Delete] buttons under the Operations Steps header.
- Edit and Delete are self-explanatory. If you select Add, an Edit Operation dialog window will appear with four options: Hotkey – This will allow you to program a hotkey or a combination of hotkeys Text – This will allow you to insert text Dragon Command – This will invoke a built-in Dragon command Delay– This will tell the system to wait for a specified period of time.
- Make your selection, choose [Next] to return to the edit operation screen.