Dragon Crashes in Word and Outlook
When I use Dragon 13 Professional in Microsoft Word or Outlook, the program crashes.
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Dragon 13 Professional/Legal
- Word and Outlook Dragon add-ons enabled
If you’re using Dragon dictation in Microsoft Word or Microsoft Outlook, and the application crashes over and over again, it could be caused by a background API call. Specifically, Windows may be blocking Dragon’s ability to empty the “results” folder in the “App Data” directory.
- Exit Dragon.
- Open File Explorer and go to: C:\Users\<windowsusername>\AppData\Roaming\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking13\results.
- Delete all the files within the “results” folder—but don’t delete the folder itself.
- Open Dragon, and then try to dictate into Microsoft Word and/or Outlook.